The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner, by checking guests in and out of the hotel. They provide a welcoming attitude and are proficient in all service requests. Also responsible for collecting monies for services rendered during a guest’s stay.
Candidates must be available:
The hours are broken into 4 hour shifts during seasons of the hotel.
Duties & Functions:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Peachtree Hospitality Management standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of appearance and grooming, which include wearing a correct name-tag and uniform when working.
- Comply at all times with Peachtree Hospitality Management standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous, and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Complete all side work and cleaning duties per standards.
- Check all guests into and out of the hotel in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Confirm the credit and payment method at check-in.
- Confirm full payment at check out.
- Log all requests and confirm completion.
- Prepare express checkouts to be mailed daily.
- Review the rooms inventory and house count for availability and rates.
- Book reservations for the day of arrival or future stays.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of the shift.
- Balance bank daily.
- Maintain and understand special guest programs and franchise related programs.
- Conduct daily bank drop with a witness and according to standards.
- Run daily arrival report and mark registration cards for special requests.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Prepare key check inventory.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the front desk system for all guest services.
- Assist other departments when necessary while maintaining other departments’ standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend all training/meetings as requested by management.
Notice: The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All team members must realize this fact and be aware that, at all times, it may be necessary to move team members from their accustomed shift, as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times. This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found for the type of position.
Hampton Inn Starkville is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled