Assistant General Managers
Hardwood Cafe is growing!
We are a local favorite serving the area for over 30 years and still growing.
We are in search of awesome people to join our team. We will reward through above-market pay and opportunities for quick growth in a growing company. Learn more about us at hardwoodcafebutler.com
POSITION: ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGERS (AGM)
Locations: Butler, PA
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000 - 61,000
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Safety is our number one priority during this time. We are following a number of different protocols to ensure safety, and this can be discussed during the initial interview.
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Assistant General Manager Job Description:
AGM reports to General Manager. Primarily engaged in the supervision of the entire Front of House (FOH) and Back of House (BOH) operation. Responsible for the complete 4-wall P&L controllables, development of all personnel, complete understanding of food concept and quality requirements, and protection of the guest experience regarding food and beverage expectation.
- Participate in weekly review with Owner or General Manager
- Execute weekly scrub of Food and Beverage inventories
- Ensure weekly FOH and BOH schedules are posted accurately and timely
- Execute commitment in the development of entire team from the KM down to the part-time employee
- Strict adherence to The Grass training modules
- Weekly / monthly beverage inventory control by using beverage cost calculations and ultimately, meet expected targets.
- Fill team role vacancies as necessary among all positions to ensure consistent operations
- Weekly ordering of beverage related product(s) while maintaining suitable inventory levels to meet beverage cost and on-hand inventory targets.
- Entry of Food, Beverage, and Paper inventories into appropriate systems
- Weekly inventory scrub audits in Avero and Toast to ensure all phases of COGS reporting are accurate and under control (Previous Inventory / Weekly Invoicing / Current Inventory)
- Weekly ordering of goods while maintaining suitable inventory levels to meet on-hand inventory and cost targets.
- Critical analysis and understanding of daily / weekly sales goals
- Weekly schedules (FOH / BOH) written to meet sales forecasts and cost controls
- Possess a strong desire to support local agriculture
- Possess a strong desire to support your community
- Possess a strong desire to develop Professionally
- Possess a high level of curiosity
- Lead weekly Key meetings
- Write and present Annual performance reviews for employees based upon career progression plan
- Ensure all FOH managers complete cross training
- Ensure all daily bank deposits balance with sales reporting and deposited into the bank account in a timely manner to meet expectations.
- Supervise the daily service cash flow accuracy by counting ‘down’ register drawers and balancing against sales reporting.
- Supervise weekly storing and submission of all restaurant invoices.
- Maintain the production of effective tip allocations by creating and completing weekly tip tracking logs.
- Ensure all EOM submissions are accurate and meet deadline expectations
SERVICE / STAFFING
- Lead by example and See You Tomorrow
- Ensure the Interview, hire, and training process for all new employees strictly adhere to training program standards.
- Communicate progress of new hires to the GM.
- Daily lineups to educate the FOH department about specials, seasonal items, beverage offerings, explanation of sourcing, daily sales goals, etc.
- Apportion of FOH/BOH tasks to maintain the expected level of efficiency for the entire restaurant during service.
HEALTH COMPLIANCE / SAFETY / CLEANLINESS
- Complete Food Handling Safety program if not currently certified.
- Supervise the FOH/BOH team to ensure all are trained on Food Handling
- Supervise adherence to the health department regarding time / temp standards.
- Train FOH/BOH departments to use equipment safely and correctly and notify GM of maintenance issues.
- Ensure FOH/BOH cleanliness, through the supervision of adhering to a regular cleaning schedule, directing others in the appropriate use of chemicals, and correcting deviations from standards as observed.