CTM is an award-winning provider of innovative and cost-effective travel management solutions to the corporate market. Its proven business strategy combines personalized service excellence with client-facing technology solutions to deliver a return on investment to clients.
Headquartered in Australia, the company employs over 2,000 FTE staff globally and services clients across 82 cities in 53 countries globally, including owned operations across Australia, Asia, North America, Europe, and New Zealand.
We are a family of locally-empowered entrepreneurial professionals underpinned by the power and scale of a global industry leader.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an extraordinary Business Development Manager.
Some `Sales Managers’ simply sell the product. Our success in the market is the ability to tailor our offering to the client to match their existing strategic business direction when applied to travel. This is not a hard sell. Our service, product offering and competitive ability in the market, matched with an understanding of the clients’ own business travel requirements IS a win-win sell. We firmly believe (and our success proves) that we have a product and service offering that is a solid value proposition.
As highlighted above, `tailored travel solutions’ is what CTM is about, so you must have the ability to think creatively in your approach with clients. This will constantly be assessed in your ability to perform the role, aligned with your ability to understand the prospective client’s business direction and resulting travel requirements.
We believe in our product, and it is the responsibility of all our Business Development Managers to ensure that our product matches the sell and the market requirements. Your on-going input will be sought in this regard.
Success in this role will come for those who are flexible, great with time management, enjoy the ‘give and take’ approach to their roles and job flexibility and are not afraid to ask for help proactively from the energetic team around them.
This is a work from home position with extensive travel throughout the sales territory - northern California from San Francisco north plus Arizona and Nevada.
- Responsible for generating new business through the implementation of a territory plan to include prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, proposal development, and presentation, negotiating and closing the account
- Grow your territory (northern California from San Francisco north plus Arizona and Nevada)
- Ability to drive value in a medium to the long sales cycle, as well as non-RFP opportunities with quick decision timeframes
- Able to develop and articulate CTM's value proposition for potential customers
- Ability to develop relationships at the C-level within small to mid-sized organizations
- Ability to sell to committees with multiple stakeholders and influencers
- Manage and develop the pipeline to meet the quota established by the General Manager
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions, industry changes, and competitive positioning to be shared with the sales team and leadership
- Build and maintain key travel industry relationships
- Represent the organization at local and regional business travel industry events as required
- And, most importantly, achieve your annual sales targets!
- Experience in the travel industry desired
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills with the ability to close accounts
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering presentations, both independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Display strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively manage internal and external relationships.
- Stay abreast of travel industry developments and changes and utilize that knowledge to become a trusted adviser and to convert prospects to customers.
- Willingness to travel
- Experience selling technology a plus
- Motivated self-starter with the proven ability to work independently.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- College degree and minimum of 3 years of work experience in B2B sales with proven ability to meet or exceed quota.
- Demonstrated prior success in selling corporate travel is preferred.
- Experience in consultative, solution-based selling.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team.
In addition to a great work environment, CTM offers a comprehensive range of benefits designed to fit your needs. Some of these include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans, with Section 125 cafeteria plan
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with generous annual employer match.
- Generous vacation/sick leave policy
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to concurrently talk, hear, and use a computer keyboard while responding to customer inquiries on the telephone. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.