Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
When you've enjoyed our Boardwalk Bistro or stayed in one of our rooms, you'll understand what we mean when we say the Hotel Eldorado is Life in A Postcard.
The Eldorado Marina is seeking an experienced full-time Marina Manager for the operation of our celebrated and notable marina.
Our marina is a storied place and a historical landmark in the Okanagan and is home to an exclusive fleet of Mastercraft tournament boats, 175 slips, moorage and provides winter storage. The successful candidate must be intuitive, possess strong skills in customer service, maintenance, employee supervision, and facility management. This position will oversee all aspects of marina operations, supervision of staff, coordination of sub-contractors, and rental activity.
- Lead by example attitude
- Providing direct supervision and “24/7” leadership to the Marina team with an emphasis on training relating to retail, boating operations and fueling procedures to improve guest service
- Providing leadership to all employees by demonstrating a professional attitude, strong work ethic and “whatever it takes” attitude in and out of the Marina department
- Maintaining a positive, friendly working environment where all employees can feel comfortable and safe
- Conflict Management – deliver a high level of guest service and professional judgment for any challenges that may arise at Marina
- Staff training/scheduling – consistent coaching, adjusting shifts based on weather, use of logbook for staff and guest concerns, planning ahead for next day rentals/staffing
- Maintain a professional appearance ensuring consistent uniform policies are adhered to
- Sales/administration – a clear understanding of till operations, cash-out procedures, pump readings/fuel discrepancies, merchandise & inventory
- Co-ordinate all aspects of seasonal & nightly moorage to accommodate our guests’ needs
- Maintaining a positive, working relationship with all Marina vendors
- Effectively manage rentals, facilities, and customer service to optimize profitability, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, record keeping, and time management skills to complete all activities on time.
- Promotion/special events – Display an entrepreneurial drive to improve awareness for the Marina in building strong community relationships and improving sales.
- Cleanliness/Organization – maintaining a high standard of watercraft cleanliness by “hands-on approach” and training, a general organization at Marina for retail side, garbage/recycling and storage shack/equipment/vests
- Safety/Emergency Preparedness – ensure proper safety equipment stored on watercraft, devise and monitor staff safety procedures at Marina, fuel dock and during watercraft rundowns
- Enforce all policies, procedures, and ordinances dealing with the operation and maintenance of the marina.
- Frequent communication with General Manager & ownership regarding rental revenues, staff scheduling/labor costs, purchases/invoices, inventory, cash/gas discrepancies, hiring and admin procedures
- Rental reservations – consistent completion of rental agreements, watercraft check-in/out forms and safety rundowns
- Monitor fuel dock operation to ensure services to patrons.
- Maintain service buildings and Marina grounds.
- Communication with General Manager regarding guest and staff challenges, major watercraft damages, accidents, gas/maintenance concerns, and promotional initiatives
- Watercraft maintenance/repairs – follow up and collection for rental damage, consistent use of maintenance log and servicing for all watercraft
- Lead spring fleet installation and fall marina closure
- Oversee maintenance work throughout the facility to ensure safe property and equipment.
- Supervise safe and efficient docking of boats.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
¨ Experience in marina operations, management level including moorage, fuel, retail & soft goods
¨ Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
¨ Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office applications and the ability to master new technologies
¨ Hours include; weekends, holidays, evenings ~ minimum 40 hours per week
¨ S.V.O.P designation preferred
¨ Sales and marketing background an asset
¨ Mechanically efficient
¨ Valid BC Driver’s License and Boat License operator’s card
¨ Experience in the areas of fiscal management
¨ Ability to deal with the public
¨ Expert knowledge of the safe operation of watercraft