There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is a private club and community located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
The Cook is responsible for preparing the highest quality food products for the restaurant and banquets, according to menu descriptions and directions.
- Prepare food items for the guests using a quality and pre-determined method in a timely and consistent manner.
- The work station must be set up based on menu items, banquet event orders, and specials, and ensures all misenplace is ready for the shift.
- Proper sanitation and safety guidelines must be followed at all times, and all kitchen work and storage areas must be kept clean and organized.
- Inspect all food products to maintain the proper appearance, colors, and appeal.
- All food storage must be in proper containers in refrigerators and freezers, to maintain freshness.
- High school degree required or GED equivalent.
- Ability to read recipes and follow directions.
- Ability to efficiently and safely handle knives, pots, pans, and kitchen equipment such as slicers, grinders, choppers, and mixers.
- Visual acuity for near and depth and color perception, reading menus and writing orders, and checking the appearance of all food products.
- Able to demonstrate culinary techniques such as cutting, cooking principles, plate presentations, and proper sanitation and safety practices.
- Two years of previous restaurant cooking experience in a high-end restaurant.
- Positive personality and good interpersonal skills for interfacing with members, guests, and staff.
- Ability to make sound, common sense and rational decisions in the performance of duties.
- Speak, read and write the primary language (English) spoken in the work environment.
- Knowledge of basic computational skills and computer or POS operation.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.