Sales/Customer Experience Lead – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Our Story so far Founded in 1862, F.A.O Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America’s oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 150 years.
Our Vision is that we passionately curate an ever-evolving World of Wonder brought to life through our extraordinary people, experiences and products to create everlasting memories for all.
We drive quality and innovation, offering one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of children. We are more than a toy store. We are a place where toys come to life.
We have mastered the art of showmanship and grand merchandising, and we are pioneers of crafting the concept of in-store experiences which are driving the future of retail today.
Passion - Do what you love and love what you do.
Engaging - Make the first move.
Integrity - Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
Collaborative - Support each other, win as a team
Adaptability - Roll with the Punches!
Driven - Be BOLD and go BEYOND
Accountability - Own it!
The sales/customer experience lead train, coach and develop associates in all selling areas of the store to drive customer service and sales. The sales/customer service lead will also be involved in merchandising, visuals and operations to ensure effective execution of all functions within the store.
Responsibilities and Expectations
· Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on KPI goals and customer experience
· Ensure consistent store appearance to ensure that store is in-stock, merchandised per visual standards and signed correctly. (This Includes Cash wraps and Schweetz)
· Manage and monitor daily attendance, staff breaks, and zone assignments
· Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
· Work schedule that aligns to customer and business needs
· Drive company’s value-based behaviors (Lead by example)
· Maintain teamwork, supportive and collaborative environment between team members.
· Train and develop team to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are being met and that the team is knowledgeable of all products offered.
· Ensure that all demonstration and experiences are actively ongoing and be executed according to FAO standards
· Follow all company policies and procedures and ensure that store team is knowledgeable and executing.
· Must be able to speak professionally and be professionally silly
· Promote a fun, energized and comfortable atmosphere for customers
· Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills to drive customer service
· Follow all safety and compliance guidelines
· All other duties based on business needs.
· Minimum 2 years of Customer Service/Sales Lead experience in a retail environment
· Ability to move and/or lift push and pull over 25 pounds
· A sense of whimsy, a nostalgia for toys, and a fondness for the FAO Schwarz brand
· Excellent collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability, drive for results, influence for impact, analytical, and interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to lead and remain positive, resilient, adaptable, and succeed in a fast paced, public facing retail environment
· Must be able to work, days, nights and weekends.
· A BIG Smile!
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Why You Should Work for Us
· We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an engaging and theatrical environment
· You’re never treated like a number or task; you’ll look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends
· Growth opportunities are everywhere
· Highly competitive benefits
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact Site Human Resource Manager or Flagship Store Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.