Parts Counter Sales Associate - Peterbilt of Meridian
Responsible for assisting all customers in securing all parts needs while offering a high level of customer service.
- Assists all customers in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Manage incoming and outgoing phone traffic.
- Assist outside sales staff with technical, inventory, and pricing information.
- Identify and record lost sales opportunities to ensure inventory performance remains at a high level.
- Consistently follow up on outstanding back orders and aging will-call items.
- Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
- Coordinate with delivery drivers for daily delivery and pickups.
- Pull and fill orders from stock for local delivery and outside sales staff.
- Restocking of incorrect or returned parts.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Source, shop, and order emergency non-stock items from local vendors.
- Communicate order status of special order items with all customers and service departments.
- Pulls orders for service and body shops, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and job number.
- Ensure that local special order parts are returned to the vendor if not picked up by the customer.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates, and special order parts.
- Ensure showroom and display area is stocked full, clean, and orderly.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Maintain current level of training from all available sources.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Solicits assigned accounts by phone.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Prior parts counter experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.