The Social Media & Marketing Specialist develops and executes social media campaigns to create brand awareness, drive consumer engagement, and to generate compelling original content within the western apparel world. Your role is to be a reporter for our brand - to use our brand’s voice to authenticate the promise we make to our consumers. You stay on top of social trends, react to insights, and are as comfortable capturing content as you are in front of a keyboard. You love using social analytics and experiences to shape strategy and hone tactics. You are driven at the thought of creating your own original content to grow social followings and to keep our brand identity fresh and consistent with the trends in western apparel. The ideal candidate is organized, creative, forward-thinking and results driven. The Social Media & Marketing Specialist will report directly to the Head of Marketing and will work with them to collaboratively articulate our brands’ stories, craft a strategic plan for communicating them via unique and original content development, and scale our communication efforts appropriately as needed. He or she will:
- Define the direction of social strategy for national brands including Panhandle, Rock and Roll Denim & Rock and Roll Cowgirl across all owned social media channels, striving for continuous improvement.
- Manage day-to-day monitoring, posting, and social listening across all social media channels while responding to any consumer comments, questions, or trending topics with immediacy.
- Manage, maintain and publish a rich, editorial calendar, leveraging insights to inform decision making and content prioritization.
- Develop a strategic social media framework: The candidate will create and execute a growth-driven social media strategy to grow our brands and follower base. Strategies must be developed for implementation across events, festivals, rodeos, sponsored properties, including strategies to support and promote our roster of endorsees and rodeo athletes.
- Develop seasonal initiatives and forward thinking plans around key time periods (for Holiday sales periods or events), and education surrounding emerging trends, activity and tactics used by competitors.
- Lead the creation, in collaboration with the Head of Marketing, of rich and original social content to engage the brand’s target audience across media, platforms, and channels.
- Help drive innovation and education on the latest social media developments, including changes, new social platforms, tools, algorithms, and resources.
- Responsible for reporting on highlights on the social media KPI’s / conversations / fashion trends and opportunities seen on a monthly, quarterly, and per-major-campaign or event basis.
- Experience executing influencer programs, including identification of appropriate influencers, negotiation of contracts, building of relationships, management of influencer content creation, and measuring success for all brands as part of a growing PR and media relations footprint.
- The ideal candidate should have the experience, ability and drive to strategically concept and create original, engaging, and compelling image content for all social media channels through managing social pick up photo shoots, acting as the photographer.
- Coordinate with sponsored events and properties as needed to provide support and execution.
- Help manage the retailer marketing co-op budget, and allocate and approve spends as necessary.
- Provide support to the Head of Marketing with tasks as needed.
- Travel ~ 20%.
- Minimum of 4 years of proven work experience in social media and/or social content experience, agency experience, content marketing, copywriting, email marketing, or equivalent.
- Ability to provide social presence outside of normal business hours (weekends, nights, events, etc.).
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media, Public Relations or related field.
- Upper echelon writing (English) and communication skills.
- Expertise with Social Media tools, platforms and trending strategies.
- Must have experience with social media strategies and high level social trends across all platforms.
- Understanding of business and brand-building through content production in social, video, content, and influences experiences.
- Proven ability to take compelling photos for original content generation.
- Passion or interest in the western, rodeo, and apparel industry strongly encouraged.
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently cross-functionally across multiple teams.
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Sophisticated presentation skills, acute attention to detail and full ownership of projects.
- Positive attitude, customer oriented, with good multitasking and superb organizational abilities.