The Activity Director will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the residents’ activity program and the maintenance of necessary documentation. Arranges for use of community facilities when necessary and collaborates with Corporate Events/Activities Coordinator in organizing various employee and non-employee events for the facility. The Activity Director also recruits, orients, and supervises the volunteer program of the facility.
- Organize a program of both individual and group activities based on the needs of the residents.
- Make sure that multiple activities are occurring for both high and low functioning residents.
- Supervise and schedule beauty parlor and barber activities.
- Complete section E of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) timely and accurately.
- Develop the activities component of the Comprehensive Care Plan from the completed activity assessment.
- Attend all healthcare conferences and update the activities component of the Comprehensive Care Plan in combination with the resident assessments.
- Complete an annual assessment for each resident on the activities component of the Resident Assessment.
- Provide activities for residents that are bedfast and/or unable to participate in group activities (one to one) and documents in the appropriate record.
- Prepare monthly calendar and post in an area accessible, highly visible and frequented by residents and visitors. Calendar should also be provided to each resident and posted in the room.
- Prepare the newsletter.
- Coordinate at least two off-site activities per month.
- Participate in community events related to the interest of the facility and arrange for use of community facilities.
- Attend in-services as necessary.
- Train and encourage all staff to support the activities program.
- Supervise any assistants under his/her direction.
- Photograph residents upon admission/readmission or as necessary.
- Participate in facility QA meetings.
- Complete Monthly QA reports
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist certification is preferred
- Experience in a skilled nursing facility is preferred
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled