Senior Contract/ Procurement Specialist
Contract Type: Direct Hire
The Senior Contract or Procurement Specialist is responsible for contract drafting, negotiation, extension and renewal, and communicating contractual changes to all stakeholders. The Senior Contract or Procurement Specialist is also responsible for coordinating and applying advice and guidance from areas of expertise, such as technical departments, legal counsel, and audit to lead negotiations and contract actions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Contract or Procurement Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Schedules work priorities and sets deadlines for work completion based on workforce availability, workload, and productivity analysis, defines technical work requirements, develops and revises tactical and strategic plans as needed.
- Serves as lead negotiator and leads negotiation strategy to ensure attainment of goals and arriving at an agreement in the best interests of the company in technical and cost areas.
- Analyzes and evaluates contracting matters; initiation, development, and recommendation of contracting policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Serves as contract advisor to the company executives and stakeholders in procurement planning meetings, advising of the procurement objectives to be used and assisting in the preparation of statements of work.
- Solicites, administers, closes-out and terminates purchase orders and contracts.
- Develops, implements and reviews contracting plans for pre-award, post-award, price/cost analysis and a wide variety of procurement activities.
- Provides technical advice, guidance and legal interpretation in all areas of contracting.
- MUST have experience with DHS.
This job requires knowledge of and proficiency with:
- Apple laptop computer, Microsoft software, and Google apps
- Fiscal management practices and procedures
- Correct oral and written English usage (grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary)
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Record-keeping and report preparation
- General office procedures and protocols
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Coordinating and applying advice and guidance from areas of expertise, such as technical departments, legal counsel, and audit to lead negotiations and contract actions.
- Must have above average communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must be self-motivating and able to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work well and handle stress-related situations in a positive, professional manner
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
This job is telework elegible. This position may include fluctuations in hours per week and require work on evenings and weekends based on business operations and department needs. Occasional travel may be required.
This is a full-time Exempt position requiring you to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
This position offers an outstanding benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K and Health Insurance (90% employer covered), plus many additional perks.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.