We are seeking an energetic self-motivated and committed Busser that is passionate about providing a positive guest experience at the Rocca Bar Ristorante, located within the Robert E. Lee Hotel in Lexington, Virginia.
Busser / Waitstaff Assistant
Robert E. Lee Hotel
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Bussers, also referred to as dining room attendants or waitstaff assistants, will be responsible for helping the wait staff and bartenders. Bussers will clean tables, take plates, utensils, and drinkware off tables and to the kitchen to be washed, help waitstaff refill glasses, and reset tables for the next service. Bussers might help waiters and waitresses bring food out to tables, restock utensils, napkins and other dining room needs.
Bussers aren't the front line of food service, but customer attentiveness and a neat appearance are still necessary. Bussers make sure waiters and waitresses can focus on their guests, make sure that food comes out in a speedy manner and the dining room and building are kept clean and organized.
This position is responsible for providing food and beverage services to guests in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner; ensures a positive experience for all guests.
- Assist in running food to tables
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Alert servers when tables need attention
- Clean tables and remove dishes after the party leaves
- Be able to remain focused and on-task during busy hours
- Greets guests upon arrival; assists with seating as needed
- Carry loads of soiled dishes to the dishwasher to be cleaned
- Works will under pressure and able to work in a face-paced environment
- Work with restaurant staff to create a positive dining experience for guests
- Ensure availability of clean dishes, flatware, glasses, straws, napkins, and other dining materials
- Performs basic cleaning duties during service hours and maintains restaurant and bathroom cleanliness
- Performs cleaning duties at the end of the night to ensure organization and cleanliness for the next day
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting preferred
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
About the Company:
Up to Par Management, and its subsidiary, Taylor Hospitality, is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, hotel, and restaurant operations, full-service management, and consulting. We are a growth-oriented company pride ourselves in providing opportunities for our associates as well as our partner properties.
Up to Par offers unique guests and associates experience that combines the nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences. Join the Up to Par Team as we continue to deliver on our core purpose, to Positively Impact Others.