Summary of Position: The Maintenance Manager ensures the effective functioning of the hotel facilities and provides an efficient and safe environment for our employees and guests by using best business practices and following regulatory requirements to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the hotel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for engineering and maintenance operations of the guest rooms, hotel property, restaurant, pool, spa, and grounds.
- Responds to engineering, maintenance, and safety concerns.
- Performs maintenance and preventative maintenance projects, including maintaining the basic upkeep of all areas by ensuring all furniture, fixtures, door locks and electrical equipment are in good working order.
- Supports hotel departmental maintenance programs and executes daily weekly and monthly checklists.
- Assists management in specifying proper supplies and equipment for operations.
- Responds to guest related questions or concerns in a timely, efficient and positive manner.
- Manages and works alongside a small on-site team for the purposes of assisting in the completion of essential duties.
- Inspects, maintains and cleans hotel exterior areas including parking lot and landscaping.
- Be familiar with all major shut off stations including water, electrical, sprinkler and fire alarm.
- Assists with and/or delegates the ongoing cleaning and painting of walls, doors, baseboards, handrails and railings throughout the hotel.
- Report requests for all major repairs to Director of Maintenance and Assistant General Manager.
- Strong basic knowledge of building maintenance and at least 2 years’ experience in a hotel maintenance position (preferably in leadership)
- Need to be able to work with minimal supervision and multitask
- Ability to carry, lift or move heavy, large, or cumbersome items
- A current Oregon driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record is required
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems and be able to perform simple repairs
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members
- Flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work all shifts and all days of the week, including weekends and on-call
- Flexibility to assist other departments when help is needed
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to use various kinds of equipment and tools safely
- Ability to take direction for different people
- A genuine desire to learn and to become a key team player