The District operates multiple locations, Maple Meadows in Wood Dale, The Preserve at Oak Meadows in Addison and Green Meadows in Westmont. Depending on business needs, work may involve assignments or responsibilities at other golf courses or facilities within the District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance tasks, including mowing and trimming of golf courses
- Transplant and maintain ornamental shrubbery; remove weeds; prune plants and trees
- Perform routine maintenance with a wide variety of tools, machinery, and equipment used in golf course maintenance. Lift and move benches, water coolers, and other equipment
- Operate a variety of equipment including: push and riding mowers, weed eaters, aerators, sod cutters, rototillers, chainsaws, trimmers, and tractors
- · Perform custodial and basic maintenance functions. Clean, sanitize, and deodorize restrooms and replenish supplies, vacuum floors, dust, polish furniture, and remove trash
- Complete manual labor tasks using shovels, rakes, and a variety of hand tools
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older by the first day of employment.
Hours: March - November. The actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis up to 45 hours per week. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days include weekends and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Preferred Experience: Training and experience in the operation of golf turf equipment
Special training or other licenses, certification etc.: Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Preparing, establishing, and maintaining turf, trees, shrubbery, and ornamental beds; operation and maintenance of a variety of equipment used in golf course maintenance; installation and maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems; understanding and following verbal or written instructions; maintaining effective working relationships.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.