Seize the opportunity to further your career at Eldorado Resort! Our spectacular Kelowna hotels are situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake. With superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting, the resort is an ideal destination both for leisure and business travelers. Beautiful surroundings and year-round activities offer our guests countless possibilities of adventures. If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Whenever you’re working, you’ll understand what we mean when we say, “work in a postcard”.
The Hotel Eldorado Breakfast Cook works within our resort culinary team, taking full responsibility for executing a high standard of fresh breakfast food in a busy hotel restaurant. Undertake a varied list of food preparation, ensure all policies and procedures are followed, maintain food standards, setups, production and quality control of all items prepared on the front-line station.
- Practices teamwork, which is based on mutual respect, tolerance, fairness and a ‘lead by example’ approach
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Takes control of the breakfast service and ensure guests receive a truly delicious and memorable breakfast
- Cooks and manages breakfast service and assists with lunch service
- Set up and maintain the cleanliness of kitchen throughout and after breakfast
- Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions
- Ensure all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Prepares daily preparation lists for production team • Ensure all dishes are prepared to standard recipes, and quantity to ensure consistency of product
- Visually inspects, selects, and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items
- Checks and controls the proper storage of products, portion control, especially to maintain quality product
- Maintains all logs, cooling, heating, and temperature
- Assists other Kitchen stations/team members when needed
- Follows kitchen policies, procedures, and service standards
- Follows and maintains all health and safety and sanitation practices at all times
- Performs any related duties as requested by management.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations, and etiquette.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Food Safe
- Passionate about producing high-quality food.
- Physically fit, able to work long hours on your feet, lift heavy equipment and supplies. Able to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Team player who works well under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Proven ability to plan, implement and achieve goals
- Minimum 2 years at a hotel or fast-paced restaurant
- Able to multi-task, remain organized and efficient; keep an open line of communication with staff and management
- Competency in all areas of the kitchen
- Available and flexible to work weekends as per business needs