Imagine a world full of flavor and packed with goodness! This is our envisioned future, and we are working every day to make this world a reality. Bai Brands is the leading innovator in the beverage landscape with a line of drinks that are flavorful, low calorie, and infused with antioxidants from coffee's superfruit. We are in the throes of a “bevolution,” and we want to bring everyone along on our journey because we know this is a world in which we all want to live. It is time to join our audacious and tenacious team!
Bai is looking for a Territory Development Sales Manager (TDM) to join our winning sales team. The TDM will report to the Regional Sales Manager and is primarily responsible for identifying new prospects then soliciting, selling and ensuring proper placement of product in retail outlets. The Territory Development Manager will work to develop, strengthen and maximize new and existing opportunities with buyers. The Territory Development Manager will have a base revenue and incremental sales goal to achieve annually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain an organized list of target accounts in the territory
- Sell our brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors & brokers
- Call on target accounts on an ongoing basis to review in-store priorities
- Enhance the business, brand visibility, and availability by gaining new distribution
- Educate account managers on proper and effective merchandising
- Rack, restock, build displays, and POS placements
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Innovative and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding business
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them
- Analyzes monthly sales reports to identify opportunities, assess underperforming accounts or potential loss of distribution within the account.
- Manage, build and move displays and/or product to establish best location for sales on all company products as necessary in assigned stores
- Use of IRI and market data to develop sales presentations to secure sales and distribution in local market accounts.
- Provide precise sales forecast and build gap plan for underperformer accounts.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have their own computer and cell phone (company reimbursement)
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Strong team skills
- Ability to work in extremely fast-paced and evolving hyper-growth environment
- Experience working successfully within the constraints of a growing business
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise between accounts within assigned territory
- Must be able to stand, walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to stretch/place product on overhead shelving
- Must be able to balance on ladders
- Previous territory sales management experience required
- 2+ years of beverage industry sales experience preferred
- Ability to travel 30% of the time required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.