BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
HAVAL is developing a research team in the US whose mission is to design and develop an autonomous research system capable of autonomous driving on pre-defined routes without the need for driver intervention, that would support future productization of a SAE Level 4 automated driving system in China for mobility services.
The primary responsibility for this job is to lead a team of engineers in the software engineering development of an autonomous driving ecosystem support software from design, development, proposal, documentation, procurement, software selection, software support, change management, simulation software and requested software engineering tasks.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Develop a team and system that supports the broad ADS engineering community in the development of an autonomous vehicle.
- Lead software development resources for developing, testing, verification of software from engineering specifications as defined by and in conjunction with various disciplines within the ADS team.
- Providing software selection, procurement, installation, linkage and management of all software for the autonomous vehicle and autonomous vehicle ecosystem
- Lead and support the version control, verification and build process to support the ADS engineering community
- Provide support and training down to a person by person basis to enable a lean development in every part of the ADS team
- Work closely with ADS team and ADS leadership to develop and support an ADS software ecosystem
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, robotics, automation or other relevant fields.
- At least 7+ years of relevant software experience in industry and 5 years of leadership/management experience in a technical management position.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Experience working with Real-time system development, software driver development, transfer function development, cloud development environments, Big-Data management
- Experience with Operating systems including Linux, Windows, IOS, Android, QNX, ROS
- Experience in version control including Git LAB
- Extensive programming experience, including C, C++, Python, Java, Matlab
- Experience developing software design/debugging/documentation/requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with leadership traits.
- English fluency, verbal and written
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
- Typical office environment. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
Candidates for positions with American Haval Motor Technology, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.