Job Description: Room Attendant
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Summary of Position:
As Room Attendant, the primary function is to clean guest rooms, hallways and any other tasks as assigned ensuring the established cleaning and maintenance standards of the Neuman Hotel Group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transport maids cart from storage closet to assigned area, making sure it is not in the way of guests.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to directions and OSHA regulations
- Clean assigned guest rooms by priority
- Stay over rooms should never be left unattended with the door open.
- Remove all dirty terry and bed linen and take to the laundry chute.
- Empty all waste baskets and remove trash from room
- Make bed, ensuring bed pads, sheets, blankets and bedspreads are clean and free of stains. Clean bathrooms, ensuring toilet, sink, bath tub/shower and floor are clean, disinfected and free of mildew and hair. Mirror is clean and free of spots and smudges.
- Make sure shower curtain is clean and free of mildew.
- Restock bathroom with established par of towels, glasses and amenities.
- Thoroughly dust furniture, window sills, baseboards, door molding, corners and ceiling. Making sure glass tops are clean and streak free.
- Check inside drawers for debris. Replace missing items (phonebook, Bible, Ways to Happiness and HHA books.
- Restock room with pen, notepad and post card.
- Make sure printed items are present and in good condition (guestbook, TV channel guide and sheets change card.
- Check all lamps and lights for burned out bulbs and replace if needed.
- Vacuum room thoroughly.
- Update room over the telephone and on assignment sheet
- Close door, check to make sure it is secure
- Stock and return housekeeping cart to proper storage
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager on duty.
- Previous guest service experience preferred , but not required
- Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, bend and squat repeatedly
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to work all shifts and all days of the week
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to use various kinds of equipment safely
- Ability to take direction for different people