Gulph Creek Hotels, one of the area's premier hotel management companies, is seeking a talented, seasoned and passionate Hotel General Manager for our new build Residence Inn by Marriott - Middletown/Wallkill - NY. This 125-unit all suite extended stay property will be open for business in early 2020. We are seeking a hands-on, results driven, passionate leader to build a team focused on delivering an exceptional service experience. Applicants will be joining a growing property management company with a proven track record of promoting from within. Essential duties of the position include:
Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. Manage all areas of the hotel in accordance with Brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provides exemplary performance for staff to follow
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
· Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests’ needs
· Committed to making every guest is satisfied
· Develops added-value customer service programs
· Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance
· Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
· Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
· Implements and practices guest service initiatives, trains, and performs to Gulph Creek Hotel Standards
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guests’ needs.
- Is committed to making every guest 100 percent satisfied.
- Ensures hotel staff; including all new-hires, know all components of the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and are trained to meet service standards; develops added-value customer service programs.
- Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance.
- Ensures hotel standards contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
- Implements and practices guest service initiatives.
Marketing and Sales Management
- Develops and implements marketing and action plans based on demand segments to maximize revenue per available room.
- Knows why competitors are successful in each demand segment and directly markets/sells against them.
- Ensures that marketing and sales plans are appropriate for each sales period, including special plans to maximize room revenue during forecasted low occupancy.
- Coordinates advertising, public relations, and promotional programs.
- Knows key accounts and actively “sells” through sales calls, property tours, etc.
- Meets or exceeds budgeted profit margin for hotel.
- Accurately forecasts revenues/expenses.
- Prepares annual budget that accurately reflects the hotel’s business plan.
- Anticipates revenue/cost problems and manages the timing of discretionary expenditures to stabilize cash flow.
- Analyzes financial and operating information on ongoing basis to adjust business plans, labor requirements and operating costs.
- Ensures hotel staff is trained in financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables, and that these procedures are regularly followed.
- Produces accurate, timely financial reports.
- Knows the hotel’s demand segments and sources of business for each.
- Knows the principal competition for each demand segment and can take advantage of the hotel’s relative strengths against each.
- Identifies major revenue and expense opportunities and possible problems.
- Accurately forecasts occupancy changes based on the changing market conditions (e.g. increased competition).
- Translates business plans into action and manages those actions toward the achievement of revenue and cost objectives.
Human Resource Management
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation and pay/reward programs to maintain a qualified workforce.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management.
- Emphasizes employee selection, training and development as a way of doing business.
- Ensures all hotel employees know hotel objectives.
- Ensures personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
- Administers personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Resolves employee grievances in a fair and timely way.
- Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, bonus plans and benefits.
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Ensures training objectives and development plans are completed.
- Monitors and maintains acceptable turnover levels.
- Maintains physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-cleaning activities.
- Ensures ongoing staff and employee involvement in preventive maintenance programs.
- Protects the interests of the hotel during capital projects.
- Coordinates capital projects within budget, on time, and with minimal disruption to the guests.
- Has outstanding property Quality Assurance Evaluations.
- Personally conducts a weekly property audit with the hotel’s maintenance supervisor and executive housekeeper.
- Inspects rooms, building exterior, parking lot, etc.
Safety and Security Management
- Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
- Understands and implements “Right to Know” laws.
- Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards such as broken doors or railings, fire hazards, etc.
- Recognizes and corrects potential security problems such as locking doors after hours, etc.
- Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others are trained in same.
- Uses ongoing safety training to minimize worker’s compensation claims.
Manages and directs all aspects of the hotel operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· 5+ year’s hotel management experience including outlet management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
· Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
· Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
· Detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear
· Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
· Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
In this exciting role, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to open a brand new property positioned to perform at the top fo the competitive set. Prior pre-opening experience desired. Prior Marriott experience strongly desired.
In addition to a great and challenging professional atmosphere, Gulph Creek offers an exciting benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Life Dental and Vision insurance
- PTO time
- Vacation time
- Holiday time
- Direct Deposit
- Yearly merit salary increases
- Bonus payout quarterly
- and so much more
We invite you to apply today.