We’re looking for an energetic self-motivated, committed and professional server that is passionate about providing a positive guest experience at the Berry Hill Resort located in South Boston, Virginia.
Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, restaurants, and value-added services and community relationships.
Up to Par offers unique guests and associates experience that combines the nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences.
Full / Part time
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
This position is responsible for providing food and beverage services to guest in a friendly, efficient and professional manner; ensures a positive experience for all guest.
- Greets guest upon arrival; assists with seating as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation at all times; performs closing clean-up duties.
- Opens/presents/pours wines and champagnes in a professional manner as needed.
- Handles purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales
- Resolves guest/member problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgment in resolving issues or refers to management as needed.
- Accurately writes tickets for food and beverage items; turns tickets into kitchen/bar in a timely manner; coordinates with kitchen staff to clarify any special requests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting preferred.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
About the Company
Up to Par Management, and its subsidiary, Taylor Hospitality, is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, hotel, and restaurant operations, full-service management, and consulting. We are a growth-oriented company pride ourselves in providing opportunities for our associates as well as our partner properties.