Schwarz Flagship Store
Our Story so far Founded in 1862, F.A.O
Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world.
Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full
of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became
a reality, and as one of America’s oldest brands, we have provided this wonder
to families for more than 150 years.
Our Vision is that we passionately curate an
ever-evolving World of Wonder brought to life through our extraordinary people,
experiences, and products to create everlasting memories for all.
We drive quality and innovation, offering
one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of
children. We are more than a toy store.
We are a place where toys come to life.
We have mastered the art of showmanship and
grand merchandising, and we are pioneers of crafting the concept of in-store
experiences which are driving the future of retail today.
Passion - Do what you love and love what you do.
Engaging - Make the first move.
Integrity - Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Collaborative - Support each other, win as a team.
Adaptability - Roll with the Punches!
Driven - Be BOLD and go BEYOND.
Accountability - Own it!
The Cashier will report to the Sales Manager
and works closely with the Sales/Customer Experience Lead to drive, execute and deliver FAO Schwarz,
exclusive experiences. As the final stop of customers’ journey, you are
expected to provide the best customer service while maintaining efficiency and
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Operate stationary and mobile Point of Sale systems (iOS
devices), scanners, scales, and credit card/debit card terminals.
- Handle all transactions in a quick,
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Be able to answer customer questions and
provide accurate information on all procedures and policies.
- Receive payments by cash, credit/debit
card, and Gift Card.
- Issue receipts, refunds, store credits,
or change due to customers.
- Wrap and bag all purchases with care for
- Maintain accurate cash drawer.
- Keep the checkout area clean and tidy.
- Recommend our “hands-free” shopping option to customers,
which could include a local courier service or other shipping options that
deliver their products directly to their home or hotel.
- Be knowledgeable of our store layout, Rockefeller Center
layout, and be able to direct customers or make suggestions.
- Stock shelves and support our Toy Ambassadors on the
sales floor as needed to provide the best experience for our customers.
- Maintain an upbeat, positive, and theatrical interaction
with every customer.
- Mathematical skills and the ability to
handle transactions quickly and accurately.
- Previous experience in a retail store or
as a cashier
- Positive, helpful attitude towards
employees and customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey
- Cashier and Customer service experience in a retail environment
- Ability to move and/or lift push and pull over 25 pounds.
- A sense of whimsy, a nostalgia for toys, and a fondness for the
FAO Schwarz brand
- Excellent collaboration, communication, time management,
adaptability, drive for results, influence for impact, analytical, and
- Proven ability to lead and remain positive, resilient, adaptable,
and succeed in a fast paced, public facing retail environment.
- Must be able to work, days, nights, and weekends.
- A BIG Smile!
The job description and other aspects of the job
listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every
function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in
this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as
You Should Work for Us
- We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an
engaging and theatrical environment.
- You are never treated like a number or task; you will
look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends.
- Growth opportunities are everywhere.
- Highly competitive benefits
is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal,
state, and local fair employment practices laws. FAO Schwarz strictly
prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants,
interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color,
religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including
pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental
disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions,
alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or
prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information,
predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic
violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual
orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary
history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local
laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation,
benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need
a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the
course of your employment, please contact Site Human Resource Manager or
Flagship Store Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.