The Forklift Operator is responsible for loads and unloads, empty and full product pallets, the following shipping and receiving procedures, order picking, moving product around in the warehouse between dry storage and the cooler and storing product in its designated space. This position will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate a forklift in a safe and orderly manner.
- Operate stretch wrapper according to the SOP guidelines.
- Load trucks based on schematics for delivery.
- Receives and stores incoming items according to SOP guidelines.
- Move product from dry storage to cooler.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area, around the warehouse and dry good storage area (cleans up any product and/or container spills; disposes of trash).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Flexible to work rotating schedules as business needs arise (typical work week = 40 hours).
- Position requires sitting for long periods of time while operating the forklift, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders.
- Very high noise levels in/around the bottling line (ear protection required).
- Exposure to various temperature changes.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (earplugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
Supervision of Others
This position does not require any management responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Forklift experience required, ability to pass Forklift Driving Skills test.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies, and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation, and knowledge of beer, including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled