WHO WE ARE:
At Shilling Canning Company, a new Mid-Atlantic restaurant by Chef Reid Shilling, our professional management and culinary team, brings experience, skills and dedication to match those of the front of the house. Each team member shares our belief in the power of respect.
Our service is honest, warm, professional, welcoming, friendly and detail-oriented. Our team smiles because they are happy to cook, and because the quality of our ingredients is prestine and our sourcing and execution is impeccable. There is value in everything we offer and integrity in what we recommend and how we deliver it.
At Shilling Canning Company we focus on local sourcing and careful consideration for how food is prepared, cooked, and served. All proteins are butchered in house, seafood is carefully selected from local fishermen and vendors, soups and sauces are based on the restaurant’s own stocks and artisan breads are baked fresh on-site daily.
Under the direction of the Sous chef, Executive Sous Chef, and Executive Chef preform responsibilities assigned necessary for production of items for the restaurant, in keeping with the standards of food quality and cleanliness.
1. Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the properties, recipes, portioning, preparation and serving standards.
2. Responsible for the efficient, consistent, accurate and organized production of miss place requested by the chef de partie and/or sous chefs.
3. Organize and prioritize daily responsibilities to ensure their timely completion.
4. Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work environment. Keep all areas clean and organized at all times.
5. Communicate effectively with all team members to assure standards are achieved.
6. Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the properties’ recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
7. Work in tandem with the team to ensure standards are met or exceeded as it relates to appearance of the facilities, sanitation and cleanliness through training of employee and creating a positive, productive working environment.
8. Maintain a journal and recipe book.
9. Assure all necessary items are in the restaurant/bakery at the start of the shift. Communicate any needs in an appropriate timeframe, ensuring all ingredients represent our quality standards and in line with the standards established by the chef. Communicate timely any discrepancies.
10. Ensure equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition.
11. Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
12. All other duties as assigned.
Ability to put forth maximum effort on a daily basis while maintaining a positive attitude
Must exude hospitality, hard work, focus, execution and friendliness and be able to draw those same traits from your culinary team
Must have ability to take direction and be open to continuous education
Must be able to work as a team
Food safety certification
Basic knife skills and cooking technique knowledge
Culinary degree or relevant certifications a plus
Reasons to join our team include:
Grow and learn in the restaurant profession
Professional advancement within the company
Involvement with Ment’or Grant, Scholarships, and Competitions to further and inspire the careers of our chefs.
Shilling Canning Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: position and experience based
Shilling Canning Company is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled