Seeking a passionate, collaborative user experience expert with deep design and implementation skills eager to build something with lasting impact. If you want to tackle human-centered, real-world design challenges, help build a design system from the ground up, and lead the charge on implementing the latest trends in web and interaction design, The Regis Company has an immediate opportunity with leadership growth potential.
You can connect the dots between business needs, software engineering and UX design, are obsessed with user-centric design practices, and are an expert in CSS and HTML5 implementation. You know how to work on both sides of the coin: You’re tapped into the market-forward design and have the creativity to spare, but you also understand how to partner with software developers and speak their language. You understand what it takes to build and implement a design system, have experience scaling UI pattern libraries and systems, and interactive prototyping is in your blood.
In this role, you’ll work with internal and client-facing teams to craft the UX for a wide variety of technology-enabled solutions ranging from mobile to desktop to non-tech within an Agile Scrum environment. You’ll also partner cross-functionally to build a design system from the ground up, shaping the organization’s aesthetic point of view and influencing the build of our proprietary software platform.
You’ll seek and advocate for ease of functional use and market-forward aesthetic for our clients, contribute to user research, and help mentor a small but enthusiastic team on technical skills. This role is an opportunity to build something with a legacy impact at a growing organization working to make leaders everywhere better.
Candidate will be requested to present a portfolio of their design work demonstrating process from initial design to finished product, along with a brief personal summary highlighting their qualifications for the position. Reports to Senior Director, Experience Design.
• Research, collaborate on and implement organizational design system and master style guide
• Design and implement intuitive technology-enabled leadership development experiences (UI/UX) for client projects (no more than 50% role)
• Analyze customer insights to inform ongoing product improvement opportunities
• Design and implement testing strategies for UX improvements across the organization
• Support system-wide UI/UX quality through establishing and communicating standards
• Mentor junior designers in an informal structure; provide thought leadership on everything from research methodologies to page layouts to CSS
• Facilitate collaborative partnerships across clients and internal teams to ensure efficient, effective and organizationally-aligned UX on products system-wide
•6+ years of user interface design experience, including information architecture and visual design skills (information design, typography, color, etc.); sophisticated UI animation abilities preferred
• Excellent design literacy, particularly around responsive/fluid and adaptive design
• Highly proficient in Adobe CS, including XD
• Experience leading at all stages of a project including client insights, conception, prototyping, and detailed design
• Experience scaling and implementing design systems/pattern libraries
• Skills not limited to production; comfortable working in a highly collaborative, Agile environment and willing to wear multiple UI/UX hats, including conducting initial user research/participating in client discovery
• Comfort within an Agile development environment
• Demonstrable problem-solving skills with the ability to achieve results despite ambiguity
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and cross-functionally (i.e., not only withEngineering or Design)
• Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Servant leader with an educator/advocacy mindset
• Positive, fun attitude and sense of humor
• Able to travel as needed for client-facing work