We’re looking for a flexible, collaborative user experience ninja who wants to tackle human-centered, real-world design challenges and help build a design system from the ground up. You’re a well-rounded professional who connects the dots between business needs, innovation and good design, has experience driving user experience from start to finish and is obsessed with user-centric design practices.
You’ll deliver UX designs and implementations that will help our products meet and exceed client expectations and take the user experience of the brand to the next level within an Agile Scrum environment. A consummate educator, you seek and advocate for ease of functional use and market-forward aesthetic for our clients. You enjoy taking on multiple challenges simultaneously, working in small teams and tackling everything from user research to prototyping.
The candidate will be requested to present a portfolio of their design work along with a brief personal summary highlighting their qualifications for the position. Reports to Senior Director of Experience Design.
- Design and implement intuitive web experiences for client projects (50%)
- Work with product leads and program management to define and deliver to schedule
- Ensure UI designs are consistent through establishing and communicating standards
- Research, collaborate on and implement design system and style guide across an in-house software tool (50%)
- Work closely with Management and developers in small teams to develop next-generation solutions for user workflows
- Analyze customer data to inform UX changes
- Design and implement testing strategies for UX improvements
- 4+ years of user interface design experience, including information architecture and visual design skills (information design, typography, color, etc.)
- Excellent design literacy, particularly around responsive/fluid and adaptive design
- Highly proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, AdobeXD, and/or Axure
- Experience participating at all stages of a project including client insights, conception, prototyping, and detailed design
- Web application experience: deep understanding of CSS and complex layouts (mobile/desktop) in modern UI frameworks (React, VUE, Angular)
- Previous experience managing CSS at scale (i.e., across multiple solutions/environments)
- Previous experience with Flexbox
- Strong ability to code UI elements from scratch (mobile breakpoints, grid system, logic, etc.)
- Previous experience customizing a pattern library (Bootstrap or similar)
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, agile environment and willing to wear multiple UX hats, including research