Job Code 023 Job Title Staff Accountant - Resort Operations
Department Accounting Reports to Finance/Accounting Manager
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our Family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the overall accounting operations of The Resort. The Staff Accountant provides Up To Par Management with financial information by inputting, researching and analyzing all resort accounts; preparing financial and purchase order statements. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The Staff Accountant will also reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy. Must possess general work-related skills at a higher level, including written and verbal communications skills, computational and computer skills, and mathematics knowledge. Ability to prepare more complex documents in Microsoft Excel, including creating tables, charts, graphs, and other elements to analyze data, including the use of formulas, functions, lookup tables and other standard spreadsheet elements. We positively impact others by living our ECHO Teamwork Core Values and administering our Service Promise from our family to yours we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Staff Accountant is preferred to have an associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. The ideal candidate will be very detail oriented. The minimum requirements are high school or GED diploma.
Essential Job Functions:
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account.
- Assist in all aspects of payroll, including processing payroll.
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping the information confidential.
- Collect sales tax from customers and remit them to the government.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Perform general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying the information.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Prepares monthly consolidated financial statements including balance sheet, monthly P&L statements, and membership financials.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Be deadline-oriented
- Extremely computer literate
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks
- Must have excellent reporting skills
- Must be proficient with forecasting
- Must be able to manage time effectively
- Must be proficient in GAAP, Excel, Word
- Must be proficient with Accounts Payable
- Extreme attention of detail - confidentiality
- Must be proficient with Accounts Receivable
- Must be proficient with creating and reading budgets
- Excellent Verbal communication and general math skills
- Must be proficient with business financials – creating daily cash dashboards
Job descriptions are intended to be overall guidelines for the job and NOT a step-by-step account of the Associate's duties, and may be revised by management from time to time. It is imperative that each Associate understands the job description and asks for a review whenever uncertainties about specific responsibilities arise.
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company
Up To Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up To Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.
Taylor Hospitality - https://taylorhospitality.com/
Up To Par Management - https://www.uptoparmanagement.com/