CenterLight Healthcare CHHA is an innovative managed care organization that excels in providing long-term healthcare services is currently seeking experienced on-site Hospital Based Intake Registered Nurse (RN) We are looking for RNs for Manhattan
Position Summary: The Nurse Liaison facilitates the transfer
of patients from a hospital to the care of the home health agency in compliance
with applicable laws, regulations and Agency policies.
may include but are not limited to:
- Interprets and implements the Agency’s
philosophy to staff and members of the community.
- Works with the Hospital team (physician, social
worker, discharge planner, skilled nursing facility staff and or nurse) to
assess patient’s home-care needs, safety and establish a discharge plan.
- Interviews patients and family to assess the
patient’s understanding of illness and determine patient’s home environment and
- Evaluates patient’s level of comprehension if
procedures and/or treatment need to be performed, e.g. insulin injections,
dressings, ostomy care.
- Discusses with medical staff, treatment in
hospital, and the patient’s response to illness.
- Screen/review the referral for appropriate level
of care and if meets criteria for services being ordered
- Explains home health agency services and
policies to patient and family.
- Investigates and verifies insurance to ensure
coverage criteria is met, notifies patient/family of any financial co-pays and
requirements required to obtain home care services. (i.e., CMS face-to-face
- Assesses third-party coverage and determines if
coverage is sufficient to cover the patient’s needs at home. Discusses with
patient and family other community resources, where appropriate.
- Makes referrals to other agencies if additional
services are needed, such as meals from a nutrition center, volunteer services,
- Arranges for special medical supplies and/or
equipment needed, in coordination with discharge planner or social worker.
- ·Assures that the home health agency is ready to
meet the patient’s needs at discharge by communicating the information to the
home health agency regarding the patient and by arranging for the Agency’s
staff to learn unfamiliar procedures related to the patient’s
- Provides feedback to hospital health team and/or
skilled nursing facility after the patient’s discharge.
New York State license as a Registered Nurse.
of Science degree in Nursing from an approved school is preferred.
years of community health experience in a Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA)
or Long Term Home Health Care Program (LTHHCP).
- Bilingual in English/Mandarin/Cantonese speaking preferred
We are an EOE