- Are you someone who loves connecting with the community?
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required
- Part time casual (3 days)
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit
organization with a mission to provide healthy food to those in need. The GVFB
provides support to more than 8,500 people weekly across Vancouver, Burnaby,
and New Westminster. We also provide food support to approximately 80 community
agencies throughout these communities, such as housing agencies, women and
children’s shelters and after school programs, who in turn provide meals and snacks
to thousands of people each week.
Our vision is to create healthy communities through fair and
effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes
4.5M lbs of food each year.
The GVFB is a certified Living Wage Employer! This
recognizes the GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages, upholding good work
standards for our employees and contributing to poverty reduction and a higher
standard of living in our community.
The Community Events Coordinator is
responsible for overseeing all aspects of current and upcoming events, to
include onsite event day work and behind the scenes administration. You are a
team player with an aptitude to learn, a willingness to contribute, and a
passion for making a difference in the community.
- Manage the full activity cycle of events
ensuring high standards for all events are met;
- Maintain regular communication with
stakeholders (staff, volunteers, donors, community liaisons, etc) to ensure
effective promotion of events;
- Utilize strong administrative skills to
complete all tasks associated with event management on a timely basis;
- Provide guidance and support to staff and
volunteers, as required, to ensure the success of events (e.g.materials,
timelines, processing monetary donations, packaging of food donations);
- Create event analysis reports within two
weeks following each event including event revenues and expenses breakdowns;
- Ensure all relevant event stakeholders are
thanked and recognized in an appropriate and timely manner post event;
- Review and respond to third party event
and food drive applications in a timely manner;
- Ensure safe handling of all monies and adequate
training is provided for volunteers handling money;
- Prepare and communicate volunteer
requirements to the Community Events & Engagement Manager and Volunteer Recruitment
- Create and manage an annual events
calendar detailing all event and food drive activities;
- Provides weekly updates on upcoming events
to the Community Events & Engagement Manager and supporting team;
- Oversee temporary support staff during
peak holiday season who assist with event planning and food drives;
- Ensure that food drive information is
accurately entered into the donor database and filing system in a timely manner;
- Work with the operations team to ensure
drop-offs and pick-ups of materials and food are carried out in a timely manner;
- Treat all staff, volunteers and
stakeholders with dignity and respect.
attributes and core skills
high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Outstanding organizational skills and the
ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong administration skills;
- Possess superb interpersonal communication
skills in English (oral and written);
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Ability to work independently or as an
effective team member;
- Familiar with posting on social media channels;
communicative, reliable and considerate.
Qualifications and experience
- Post-secondary education in events
management, fundraising, public relations and/or equivalent combination of
training and professional experience 2-3+ years’ experience in events planning;
- Experience working with and supervising
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite;
- Clean Class 5 BC Driver’s license (current
drivers abstract required).
responsibilities are carried out in either indoor or outdoor environments;
under a high degree of pressure on the day of events;
comfortable working in all weather conditions;
on your feet for the majority of scheduled events;
- Bending and lifting boxes
up to 40 lbs on a regular basis at events; setting up/ dismantling equipment,
We are actively recruiting for this position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF
A criminal record check for working with vulnerable sectors
is required upon hiring.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants
under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence.