**This is a temporary position (1-2 months)**
Provides assessment, diagnosis, individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, and support services for veterans enrolled in the Hope for Veterans VA Grant and Per Diem transitional housing program.
- Provides services including assessment, evaluation, recovery planning, case conferences, referrals for adjunctive services, family meetings, group psychotherapy, individual psychotherapy, veteran advocacy, and linkage to community resources.
- Support veterans who may be experiencing symptoms related to mental illness, grief, post-traumatic stress, unwanted behaviors, relationship problems, or substance use.
- Ensures safety of the veterans in the program.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency with the agencies fiscal and billing procedures.
- Develops recovery support groups and other activities to meet veteran needs.
- Transports veterans in agency vehicles in a safe, cautious and responsible manner.
- Provides medication education.
- Documents service delivery, maintains accurate and timely clinical documentation and upholds veteran confidentiality.
- Participates in all appropriate employee, supervision, and training meetings.
- Functions as a team member: facilitating groups, participating in program activities, communicating all relevant information to other team members, and covering co-workers duties as needed.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Veteran Housing Director-NJ and Senior Management.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field
- Must be a current NJ LSW, LAC, LCSW or LPC.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; customer service oriented, with the ability to engage professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and external stakeholders.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be well organized, a self-starter, and able to work as a member of a team.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact
Community Hope, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled