- Must be available to work the early morning shift (5:30 AM) including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to operate a string trimmer
- Post-offer/pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Maintains grounds and pools of Sea Mist properties by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Cleaning pools & tile
- Clean and pressure wash decks, ramps and furniture
- Report problems associated with pools
- Training staff
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Mow or push mow lawns. Trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged, branches, or twigs.
- Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides. Rakes and bags the leaves.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter, trash, and cigarette butts.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Maintain lawns and flowers and shrubs.
- Makes minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mowers and spreaders.
- Build and maintain structures as directed by Director of Amenities.
- Complete special projects as assigned and directed by Grounds and Pools Manager.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; or up to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual must have reasonable ability to be trained.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to operate lawn mowers, weed trimmers, and chainsaws.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, crawl, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, the risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Sea Mist Oceanfront is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled