Performs handling, storing and recording activities in a warehouse setting. Responsibilities may include loading or unloading shipments, pulling and picking orders, and operating a variety of equipment, which includes forklifts. This is a standalone classification in the warehouse function within a plant or distribution center.
Experience within a manufacturing or warehouse environment is preferred.
High school graduate or equivalent education and experience. Forklift certification will be required. Assistance in obtaining certification can be provided, if necessary.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS (entry-level):
- Following directions under limited supervision.
- Ability to learn warehousing, shipping, and receiving principles and practices.
- Performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Lifting and loading materials.
- Complying with safety and operational guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Basic PC skills.
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
Warehouse environment and will be subject to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, and loud noises.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled