Volunteers of America is more than a nonprofit organization. We are a ministry of service. We are passionate about our work; and while there are numerous programs, we have a shared vision of a world where all people live in safety with social, emotional, and physical well-being, spiritual fulfillment, justice, and hope.
With the same passion with which we serve our communities, we are passionate about our team - as our employees are our greatest asset. We are currently in search of a Development Manager for our New Orleans office.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager plays a critical role on the Development team. The ideal candidate is a dynamic fundraising professional with strong attention to detail and communication skills. The Development Manager will effectively balance managing the Agency’s grant portfolio with planning and execute fundraising events such as the annual golf tournament.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors degree
- 4+ years non-profit fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate and manage new donors
- Research donor prospects and prepare solicitation plans and proposals
- Grant writing – proven success in securing funding; analytical ability to prepare required reports/analyses as required by funding entities.
- Event planning – as this position will manage the agency’s annual golf tournament; relevant experience is desired.
- Drive for results - working with minimal supervision, meeting deadlines and taking on the next project with enthusiasm.
- Strong verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Experience with MS Office suite of products as well as donor management software a plus
- Personal vehicle in order to travel to other locations
- Current driver’s license, vehicle registration, inspection, and insurance
- Satisfactory motor vehicle report
- Must be able to pass a criminal history investigation
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled