Would you like to work for one of the most progressive companies in the Golf and Hospitality industry? Interested in working with outstanding professionals and wonderful members? Do you have a passion for people, golf, and education? Are you excited about teaching golf enthusiasts the skills and tools they need to be successful? Are you a talented, creative teaching professional who would like full-time hours and career opportunities?
Job Title –
Assistant Golf Professional
Job Location –
Under the direction of the Head Golf Professional, the Assistant Golf Professional is responsible for assisting the Head Pro in managing golf department operations, including but not limited to, golf play and tournament coordination, shop sales and management and training and supervising golf shop attendants. Ensuring the highest level of service as meets expectations of Club members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out the opening and closing procedures following standard operating procedures for till reconciliation, site security, etc.
- Collect fees and process payments in line with Club procedures, including shop purchases and green fees.
- Assist in organizing and running tournaments, and other events, to help make them a success, in line with club policy.
- Organize and control play ensuring that customers receive the best service and enjoyment during their day.
- Perform basic club repairs and custom fitting to the standard required to generate maximum customer satisfaction.
- Organize and control the practice facilities ensuring that customers are able to practice according to the guidelines laid down by the club or General Manager.
- Organize and control the hire of all relevant equipment rentals.
- Offer the opportunity for members or any prospective clients or customers of the golf club to play in a variety of formats, at the club and/or in tournament play.
- Organize and deliver effective coaching for individuals and groups, ensuring that participants’ needs are identified, coaching sessions are planned and delivered to develop participants’ performance and the effectiveness of sessions is evaluated and reviewed.
- Assist with organizing and promoting junior golf.
- Deliver school/junior development courses that maximize student progress and enjoyment in the game.
- Work on own initiative to build up a client base for coaching.
Pro Golf Shop
- Supervise the daily operation of the pro golf shop under the direction of the relevant Senior Professional.
- Offer specialist advice using product knowledge, recommend products and services to meet customer requirements.
- Achieve sales targets.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Ensure that the golf shop is clean, orderly, well-stocked and professionally presented at all times.
- Monitor and regularly update sales display areas, including window displays and merchandise in hot spots.
- Assist in organizing promotions to stimulate golf shop sales.
- Assist with stock control and ordering, pricing, and bar-coding.
- Follow all established shop procedures, including those for payment processing, handling, customer complaints, opening and closing, Health and Safety, Security, etc.
- To act as an onsite supervisor when the Senior Professional is not on duty.
- To prepare the staff schedule and allocate duties for golf shop staff when acting as the shift supervisor.
- To promote positive customer relations, supporting other staff as needed.
- Under the guidance of the relevant Senior Professional, to provide orientation and induction training for new staff.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Club officials/facility owners, members, guests, and visitors.
- To complete cashing up and banking procedures when acting as the shift supervisor.
- To complete transactions using customer credit, in line with guidelines laid out by the relevant Senior Professional.
- To complete daily reports, under the direction of the relevant Senior Professional.
- Marketing and Customer Service
- To provide excellent customer service at all times.
- To promote all golf club activities and services, acting as an ambassador for the facility.
- To assist with organizing corporate entertainment
- PGA Registered Assistant studying Foundation Degree in Professional Golf, or PGA Class A member.
- If PGA Class A - Develop a high level of appropriate Personal and Professional Development (CPD) reflective of current and/or future role responsibilities. E.g.
Courses, Qualifications, Reading, etc.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Knowledge of Rules of Golf and Tournament Organization.
- Good working knowledge of custom fitting and club repairs.
- Retail experience, including selling, stock control and visual merchandising.
IT literate with experience of relevant software applications (PC and/or Mac), computerized POS and tee time system, extending to the usage of motion analysis systems and launch monitors.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products, and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequent evening and weekend work required
- Frequently exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.