Program Specialist (Part-Time) at Sacaton Branch -Boys and Girls Clubs of the Gila River Indian Community
The Boys & Girls Club of the Gila River Indian Community is looking for up to 5 part time people for our Program Specialist position at our Sacaton Club.
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Program Specialist plans, implements, supervises, and evaluates all programs and activities provided in a program area, such as Arts & Crafts, Gamesroom, Computer Lab, Physical Education, Performing Arts, Discovery Lab, or other Branch level program areas.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Ensure programs, services and activities prepare youth for success, promoting safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of branch at all times. Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
2. Contribute to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan by:
- · Planning, organizing and implementing a range of program services and activities for members and visitors, such as field trips, program specific activities, guest speakers, field trips, etc.
- · Welcoming new members and participates in their orientation process.
- · Initiating new programs with the approval of the YDD.
- · Recommending the development of service area programs; and
- · Promoting and stimulating program participation.
3. Ensure quality improvement by monitoring and evaluating program achievement against target goals, recommending modifications that respond to member needs and interests and participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
4. Create bulletin boards and posters publicizing and announcing program events. Establish a system of recognition about members and their program activities.
5. Participate in state, regional, and national Boys & Girls Clubs programs and competitions.
Health and Safety
6. Ensure a healthy and safe environment, supervising members in program area.
7. Maintain the cleanliness of program area.
8. Maintain an inventory of program equipment and supplies in good order. Recommend requisitions as necessary.
9. Prepare weekly reports for the YDD regarding activities, special programs, upcoming events, attendance, and other reports as required.
10. Maintains a daily written schedule. Ensures that programs begin and end on time.
11. May supervise Program Aide.
1. May participate in additional special programs and/or events
2. Evenings/weekend work may be involved.
3. Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in working with children
- Knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior issues
- Ability to work with the public
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs specific to area (arts & crafts, performing arts, gym, etc.)
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Valid State Driver’s License (if applicable)
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.