We’re looking for an energetic self-motivated and committed Line Cook that is looking to build a career with our quickly growing Professional Hospitality Management Firm. We are looking for an individual to join our team immediately.
If you have a passion for pleasing others, a get-it-done mentality, and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference every day by positively impacting the lives of others. Join the Up to Par Team as we continue to deliver on our core purpose, to Positively Impact Others.
As a Line Cook, you will be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment. Responsible for helping achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals.
Part-Time – Hourly
Based on Experience
Regency at Dominion Valley
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
- Prep food items ahead of time as requested, making sure not to prepare more than estimated needs.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss, and usage per standards.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the food standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Receive and unpack items as they arrive from food vendors. Date all items as they arrive and pack them according to department standards.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- 18+ years old
- High level of professionalism
- High school diploma/GED required
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Reliable transportation with valid driver's license required
- Minimum of Two (2) years' restaurant or kitchen experience required
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan
About the Company
Up to Par Management, and its subsidiary, Taylor Hospitality, is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club, hotel, and restaurant operations, full-service management, and consulting. We are a growth-oriented company pride ourselves in providing opportunities for our associates as well as our partner properties.
Regency at Dominion Valley is a thoughtfully tailored property to the people who live, work and visit this Northern VA and District of Columbia area. Our associates understand the needs and want of our guests and can address them without hesitation. They create a personalized experience for each person who visits Regency at Dominion Valley and supports one another in doing so.