SmartLinx Solutions, LLC, an industry leader in Labor-Management suite for the health care industry. SmartLinx Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing and dynamic company looking for a professional to be responsible for assisting in supporting the WorkLinx suite.
SmartLinx is seeking a talented and highly motivated Payroll Support Specialists in our Charleston, SC office to join our team and help our customers. Do your friends and family affectionately call you a geek? Are you THE “go-to” person for gnarly technical problems? Do you get a thrill helping others? Come join us!
A Day in the Life of a SmartLinx Support Specialists:
This is a “roll-up-your-sleeves and work hard with a team of passionate people” type of position. As a SmartLinx Payroll Support Specialist, you will support customers who utilize our highly-customizable Labor Management software. You will use advanced troubleshooting techniques to address customer concerns ranging from basic questions to critical/time-sensitive issues. You will instill confidence in our customers, build their trust in SmartLinx as a valued partner and have a significant impact on our customers’ experience with our product through effective engagement and timely issue resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain high customer satisfaction with a primary focus on providing the best customer support
- Interact with customers to help troubleshoot and resolve highly complex product problems or issues
- Diagnose and resolve complex customer questions or problems over the telephone/Internet in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality, and bugs/enhancements
- Apply SQL knowledge to resolve complex technical issues and developing innovative solutions.
- Track and document inbound support requests and ensure proper notation of customer problems or issues
- Document problems and solutions to train fellow team members on how to properly address customer or product issues
- Stay abreast of current technology in products, design changes, and new products offered
- Escalate issues, as necessary, to the correct departments/individuals
- Fully understand and enforce the company’s strict security guidelines
- To meet the needs of our customers, occasional after-hours, weekend, and holiday work will be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related major or comparable education and work experience
- Experience with payroll processing, payroll best practices, and payroll software
- Knowledge of payroll regulatory reporting design and requirements including W2, Form 941, Form 940, etc.
- Familiarity with payroll deductions and benefits, including garnishments, child support, 401k, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, and file formatting
- Familiarity with wage computation, direct deposit, ACH transmission, and general ledger reporting
- Ability to query and update MS SQL database tables and troubleshoot MS SQL stored procedures
- Extremely motivated individual who is passionate about their work and helping our customers achieve success
- High-level performer who excels in both a team and individual environment
- Ability to perform in a demanding environment, meeting all defined performance metrics and key performance indicators
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate customer’s needs to technical support staff, and communicate case details to customers and/or management
- Experience with technical troubleshooting skills, including research of software application errors and issue re-creation
- Excellent analytical and logical skills