Biohabitats is seeking a Project and Contract Accountant to provide direct support to our accounting team and project managers. This position will work closely with the controller, the operations team leader, and project managers to ensure timely and accurate billing, project set up, budget maintenance, report development, project compliance, contract review and other various accounting duties. Biohabitats offers ecological restoration, conservation planning, and regenerative design services to government and private clients throughout the country.
Ensuring timely and accurate accounting is paramount. Attention to detail, an enthusiasm for collaboration, and a passion for the environment are essential. We are a small organization looking for team players who enjoy working on multiple projects.
We provide outstanding benefits. Click on ‘Learn about our benefits’ on our Careers page to find out more.
- Coordinate project and budget set-up along with contract reviews
- Perform detailed review of monthly billing
- Assist with monthly progress reporting, written documentation, and other required client communication
- Support month-end close and other day-to-day accounting responsibilities
- Develop reporting that meets the needs of various team members
- Review contract requirements to ensure compliance with terms of contract
- Assist in the development of contracts utilizing existing templates
- Experience with contract review and billing in the A/E or construction industry
- A strong understanding of Office 365 programs (particularly Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of various contract terms and requirements
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and prioritize tasks
- Experience with Deltek Vision is advantageous to this position
- Familiarity with bidding and scheduling software
- More advanced Excel or Power BI experience
BS in accounting or business administration
Years of experience:
3+ years in a similar position
$55,000-$60,000 per year
Provide 1) cover letter, 2) resume in .PDFs not to exceed 5MB. Applications without these components will not be considered.
Biohabitats is a purpose-driven, performance oriented, and values led organization. We are a certified B-Corp™ , meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. To ensure that you will thrive at Biohabitats, we highly encourage you to review our Mission, Values, and Approach before applying.
Biohabitats is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled