Grant Accountant - Part-Time 20 hours weekly
Part-Time 20 hours weekly
Performs skilled accounting, administrative and technical work in the implementation of overall agency grant management and compliance. Maintain a high level of professionalism with internal program staff and external relationships. Assist the Director of Finance in the development and implementation of goals, reporting, and procedures relating to accounting, grant management, and audit preparedness. Performs all other related work as required.
Responsible for overseeing fiscal and compliance aspects of grants including:
• Create and enter budgets
• Prepare invoices for reimbursable expenses
• Payroll allocations by grant or program
• Reconcile grant projects and awards
• Create financial statements
• Assist program managers with grant management as needed
• Stay current on federal and state grant regulations to ensure agency compliance
• Assist with audits and assessments
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive management tool for agency grants
o Monthly cash account balances
o Beginning/ending dates
o Reporting due dates
o Grant type and grants funded by federal government, if applicable
o Any special conditions
• Grant fiscal management
o Prepare grant billings and fiscal reports
o Monitor grant receivables
o Prepare closeout reports
o Close out all files and deactivate job accounts
• Assist as needed:
• Audit liaison for grant inquiries and single audits
• Liaison for federal monitoring visits
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance. Two to four years’ experience in auditing, monitoring, financial management, state and federal grant administration; or an equivalent and relevant combination of education and experience.
• Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of accounting and municipal finance.
• Extensive knowledge of the laws governing the administration of state and federal grants.
• Knowledge of computer applications for financial management and accounting software applications.
• Detailed oriented maintaining extensive records and to prepare reports from same.
• Ability to deal tactfully and appropriately with local, state, and federal agencies and officials.
• Ability to coordinate with other departments and work well with others.
• Grant Management and financial aspects of recording grants
• Accounting and budgeting experience.
• Strategic thinking and analytical skills.
• Good knowledge of auditing practices.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Project management skills.
• Great organizational and communication skills.