CTM is an award-winning provider of innovative and cost-effective travel management solutions to the corporate market. Its proven business strategy combines personalized service excellence with client-facing technology solutions to deliver a return on investment to clients.
Headquartered in Australia, the company employs over 2,000 FTE staff globally and services clients across 82 cities in 53 countries globally, including owned operations across Australia, Asia, North America, Europe, and New Zealand.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Financial Controller is to lead on corporate compliance accounting and regulatory requirements, across all levels of the business. Principally, this role will be in direct support of the SVP Finance and CFO.
The successful person will possess a strong and keen eye for detail, good communication skills, an ability to work autonomously, have good time management skills, be able to work on multiple tasks concurrently and have the ability to process potentially large volumes of transactions. They will also appreciate a role which provides variety and will enjoy providing support to other team members as the demand arises.
Senior Compliance Accountant functions may include, but are not limited to, as directed:
- Leading month-end and annual account preparation, including the preparation of journals, work papers, and any supporting schedules.
- Ensuring timely compliance with all Group reporting requirements and submissions, including any follow-up necessary
- Leading any financial audit, including preparation of files for review by management, external and internal auditors.
- Testing the integrity of all accounting systems, including regular testing of account balances and transactions, the mapping between individual systems, and accuracy of internal and external reporting
- Research into financial issues, changes to Federal, State, and Local regulations, amendments to compliance requirements, and collecting information on best accounting practice, as directed.
- Leading the completion of any tax-related submissions or tax-related compliance documents, across Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Assisting with the completion of any statistical information gathering requirements and submissions by Local, State, and Federal agencies. This will include coordinating information and details across all Departments and with Managers across the organization
- Leading the completion and submission of any other form of regulatory or compliance submission as directed, and providing requisite support and workings as needed
- Working with external partners for financial functions as necessary, often as the primary point of contact. This may include Auditors, Tax Agents, and Accounting and Legal Consultants
- Working with global Group functions to supply any necessary information or requests as directed
Other accounting functions may include:
- Manage non-financial filings and registrations.
- Coordinating with Group any inter- or intra-company transaction reconciliations.
- Working with Finance managers and executive team members on an ad hoc basis as required.
- Managing other Finance staff, and assisting individual development and understanding, as appropriate and directed. Principally, this will include effectively overseeing the scope of other compliance accountant roles, ensuring appropriate delegation where possible and assessing individual performance against assigned tasks.
Other functions as directed may include:
- Attend to inquiries from internal and external customers and suppliers in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Relief of other Finance team member tasks from time to time as directed, across all national offices
- Other ad hoc tasks as directed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Minimum recognized financial accounting degree
- CPA, CFA, or another recognized professional accreditation is required
- Experience and ability to manage and supervise others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Outlook and Excel)
- Accurate data entry and numeracy skills
- Ability to research and understand complex regulatory and compliance issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management skills to meet assigned schedules and deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of using accounting systems
- A knowledge of the travel industry is desirable, but not essential
In addition to a great work environment, CTM offers a comprehensive range of benefits designed to fit your needs. Some of these include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans
- 401k with company match
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Generous vacation plan and numerous paid holidays
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to concurrently talk, hear, and use a computer keyboard while responding to customer inquiries on the telephone. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.