Payworks is Canada’s fastest growing workforce management solutions provider and a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. With over 20,000 clients from coast to coast and more than 300 employees, we currently have some exciting opportunities on our Information Security team for the right candidate.
You are a motivated, energetic, driven for success and a results-oriented team player. Responsible for using an analytical thought process and sound judgment in executing daily analyst activities. Leveraging industry-leading security technologies, this role is the first line of defense against information security threats. You will be responsible for identifying and immediately responding to such risks with strong attention to detail and technical/investigative mindset. This will include the monitoring of Payworks IT infrastructure and associated alerts as well as responding to tickets and other requests from outside the Corporate Security Team.
- Deploy and administer intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, network devices, physical security sensors, and various security related computer systems.
- Maintain and monitor sensors and data sources to ensure all security events are being logged, monitored, correlated, and escalated to the appropriate parties.
- Conduct and utilize vulnerability scans, intrusion detection appliances, collation reports, failed logins, and various system activity tools to analyze security-related events, develop solutions or escalate to other Payworks teams to define preventive activities.
- Conduct penetration testing and social engineering campaigns.
- Respond to security related incident tickets and events, develop solutions to prevent occurrences and enforce security policies and procedures
- Participate in projects as assigned to ensure security requirements are met and development is in accordance with current policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree or College degree within the IT field.
- Previous experience in a similiar role considered a strong asset.
- Strong analysis skills, organizational and documentation skills.
- Sound technical knowledge related to system and network security.
- Familiarity with tools and techniques related to detecting intrusions and system vulnerabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment experience.
- Certifications in IT Security are considered to be an asset.
- Experience with any of the following vendors, tools or products considered an asset: LogRhythm, TCP dump, Wireshark, WatchGuard NGFW, Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, HP, McAfee, Nessus, Whitehat Sentital, Burpsuite, Rapid7 products, Proofpoint, Proof Point, Netscaler Web Application Firewalls.