Looking for a Banquet Houseman at the Crowne Plaza Wauwatosa. They will assist Banquet Manager in the preparing for banquet guests and ensure positive guest experience.
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work.
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from the storage area to meeting rooms
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and returned to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in the meeting rooms. For example different table types (round, schoolroom, etc.).
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 100 lbs. through a crowded room with or without reasonable accommodations.
- This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
Crowne Plaza Wauwatosa is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled