The District operates multiple locations, Maple Meadows in Wood Dale and The Preserve at Oak Meadows in Addison. Depending on business needs, work may involve assignments or responsibilities at other golf courses or facilities within the District.
This position conducts sales of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food items on the golf course, utilizing either a mobile motorized cart or an on-course concession station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serving alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food items such as hot dogs, sandwiches, snacks, etc.
- Check guest(s) for proper identification when serving alcohol by adhering to BASSET standards that also include state and local liquor ordinances
- Tabulate and charge customers for orders and accept payments of cash/credit; document and reconcile inventory.
- Operate various Point of Sale systems to complete sales transactions
- Maintain a clean workspace that meets DuPage Golf and DuPage County Health Department standards
- May perform set-up and other duties for events. Review stocked items and replenish supplies.
- Set up mixed gas tanks for the purpose of dispensing beer
- Operate coffee machine, draft system, food warmer and cooker, and convection oven.
- Operate beverage cart or other golf carts in a safe manner
- Secure doors, lock up premises, and activate alarm system on concession building
- Perform other duties as required
Additional Information: Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of hire.
Hours: April - November 2019; Available 25-30 hours per week during the golf season. The actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekend and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Compensation: $7.00 per hour plus tips and golf privileges
Related Experience: One(1) year experience as a bartender/server in a bar, restaurant, or hospitality industry at a high-volume establishment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Special training or other licenses, certification,etc.: Possession of the Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) program certification within 30 days of employment; ability to obtain the Illinois Food Handler Training and Certification within 30 days of employment; CPR/1st Aid – will train if necessary; must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Dealing effectively with the public; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing; interpreting rules and regulations; and keeping neat and accurate records.
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.