To grow top quality crops in accordance with the production parameters and product specifications as outlined by the Curio management team. To make sound judgments when making decisions based on specific crop needs. Act with a professional regard to the management and use of all production facilities and equipment. All qualified applicants will be trained in the use of equipment for all floriculture areas. All Floriculture staff will be directly supervised by a Sectional Floriculture Manager and the Assistant Director of Floriculture.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
Assisting in the cultivation of medical cannabis. This will be accomplished by performing various tasks in the cultivation process:
Cloning, Transplanting, Fertigation / Irrigation, Integrated Pest Management, Defoliation, -Trimming / Shaping, Preventative spray applications, Waste disposal, and Cleaning and Sanitation procedures. At times, responsibilities may include: Harvesting, Trimming, and Packaging.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position reports directly to a sectional grower, with a dotted line to the Director of Floriculture.
Qualifications & Skills:
Must pass a background check and submit personal information to become a state agent.
- Previous experience in horticulture preferred:
-IPM experience within a horticulture environment
-Knowledge of insect and disease
-General knowledge of plant nutrition
- Ability to multi-task and maintain work consistency daily
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs without assistance
Education & Knowledge:
- No work experience necessary but preferred
- Basic scientific understanding of Botany, Horticulture, or Agriculture related field
- Associate and/or Bachelor degree preferred
- Evening/night/weekend work may be required
- All positions deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.