Job Title: Medical Case Manager
Program Name: Ryan White, Region IX
Work Unit: Northshore Services
Supervised by: Program Manager
This position is responsible for providing quality services to high need individuals living with HIV, ensuring that quality care outcomes are achieved, treatment adherence, documentation and performing related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts intakes and assessments on new and existing persons served according to program requirements; i.e. meet quota according to guidelines.
- Develops and implements individual service plans to ensure persons served are receiving quality services according to the service plan.
- Monitor and follow-up on current immunological parameters and appointment adherence.
- Conduct regular activities with clients that entail treatment adherence/disease progression, nutrition health, oral health, liver health, PREP access, health education, and HIV disease transmission risk reduction.
- Meet in secure, comfortable meeting places outside of the office, as needed.
- Completes reports and documentation as required by VOASELA, Inc. and regulatory agencies/funding sources.
- Prepares accurate and timely documentation for billing of services.
- Keeps supervisory staff apprised of gaps in services and assists in efforts to provide needed services.
- Participates in program related training, as required.
- Become a Certified HIV testing Counselor and perform functions and duties of that program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
This position requires knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to:
- Must possess an active license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Louisiana. Case management experience and working in a community setting is a plus. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated a willingness to be responsive to the needs of the target population and the ability to function as part of a team; can handle a flexible work environment; have strong decision-making skills.
Normal office environment and community-based setting. May be required to meet individuals in their homes.
This position may require incumbent to engage in overnight travel, as well as, local travel appropriate to the performance of duties and responsibilities. As such, the incumbent must have:
- Current driver’s license issued by the state of residence
- Current Vehicle Inspection decal
- Current vehicle insurance
- Current vehicle registration in the state of residence
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
The employee's work is performed at various locations where services are provided to consumers. Employee must be able to handle the demands of extensive driving throughout the five parish service area.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled