Summary of Position:
The primary responsibility of the Barista will be to process orders promptly and efficiently while providing excellent customer service and a positive attitude. The ideal candidate will enhance the mission of Neuman Hotel Group to provide personalized service and genuine hospitality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival with a friendly smile and positive attitude.
- Make food/beverage recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverage items, where food products come from, how food is prepared and where coffee, tea or wine comes from.
- Take food and beverage orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff in a timely fashion.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register, counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner and/or process credit card charges. (if applicable).
- Serve all food and beverage orders efficiently using proper techniques.
- Monitor and observe the guest dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant
- Thanks guests as they leave and invite them to return. Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
- Routinely clean the bar area, floor, windows, grinders, etc.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, well-merchandised café and store.
- Adheres to all standards of conduct and behavior in the workplace and follows all health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description.
- At least one year of barista experience required
- Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Food Handlers Card and OLCC Certification (or ability to obtain within 7 days of hire).
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, confidence and can easily interact with strangers.
- Knowledge of food presentation, preparation and handling.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours).
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Must have a passion for hospitality.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Be flexible and willing to assist as needed to ensure all restaurant standards are met.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.