This position is responsible for assisting in the identification, development, and coordination of housing resources and supportive services for individuals who are homeless and disabled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with agencies and coalitions for the homeless, mental health agencies and other agencies involved with individuals who are disabled and homeless.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of housing availability data- HMIS.
- Develops action plans for meeting the housing needs of individuals. Housing placement and supportive services.
- Coordinates with existing permanent housing resources to develop or make available additional housing opportunities for the target population.
- Promotes the concept that individuals, who are homeless and disabled, have a right to live in the least restrictive environment.
- Works with other agencies toward assurance that necessary supports are available for individuals moving into scattered-site housing.
- Keeps supervisory staff apprised of gaps in services and assists to develop resources to fill these gaps.
- Prepares required reports.
- Participates in program-related training as required
- Creates and maintains linkages with other service providers to develop informal and formal resources to be of assistance to the client.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a human service field and one year of experience working with individuals who are disabled and homeless in a community setting. The position requires a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and accurately; to serve as an appropriate role model and to function as part of the team. It requires the ability to provide services to the target population and interact with appropriate agencies and persons in the community in development services.
- Current Vehicle Inspection decal
- Current vehicle insurance
- Current vehicle registration in the state of residence
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation, including a criminal investigation in compliance with Louisiana law R.S. 40:1300.52
- The employee must have full-time access to a fully insured vehicle.
- Reliable transportation
- Current driver’s license issued by the state of residence
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled