Jonathan’s Place is seeking a full-time Development Associate.
Established in May 1991, Jonathan’s Place provides safe, loving homes and specialized services to children who have been victims of abuse, abandonment or neglect. Please visit our website jpkids.org to learn more about our agency
This is an entry level position responsible for donor engagement, donation data entry, database management and general support of the Development & Marketing Department.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintaining agency paper funding files (Foundation, Corporations, Civic/Religious)
- Responsible for small donor portfolio (mid-level gifts)
- Conduct tours of the facility for potential donors
- Represent agency at community engagements and public events
- Conduct public speaking engagements (i.e. church groups, civic groups, etc.)
- Communications with financial and in-kind donors to support development strategic plan
- Complete all data entry and maintain the integrity of all records in the Raisers Edge (in kind, grants, financial gifts)
- Create queries and generate necessary reports from Raisers Edge
- Generate and mail acknowledgments to donors in accordance with tax laws and the JP Acknowledgment and Communication Plan
- Provide support to the Chief Development Officer and Chief Executive Officer in regard to donor portfolio management
- Monthly reconciliation of Square, Blackbaud, Merchant Services and Raiser’s Edge with Director of Finance and Human Resources
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or
- university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill of Windows software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge donor software preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must maintain a current drivers’ license and favorable driving record as a condition of employment
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits which include: paid holidays, a generous PTO plan, 100% paid a premium for life insurance and various other health plan options after the initial 90-days.
Jonathan's Place is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled