We are seeking an enthusiastic, scientifically motivated research scientist to join the Cell Pharmacology team. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in the fields of molecular and cellular biology and biochemistry. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong commitment to team success, the ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary project teams, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. This position seeks individuals who are comfortable with a fast-paced environment and combine innovative/diverse approaches to assay development including lentiviral and CRISPR technologies. While a lot will be expected of this candidate, C4 Therapeutics is committed to investing in the right candidate by providing strong leadership, career growth opportunities, exposure to state of the art techniques, and a highly positive workplace environment with top talent.
- Lead cell pharmacology efforts to advance drug discovery projects in a multidisciplinary, collaborative project team setting; Provide cell pharm strategy, execute plans, interpret and communicate results, and recommend next steps to the project teams
- Design and execute cellular assays for compound profiling/screening and mechanism-of-action characterization to support hit identification and lead optimization
- Manage work at CROs to ensure high quality and on-time execution
- Identify/develop cellular models to inform relevant compound action
- Support PD biomarker identification and assay development
- Serve as a core member on a cross-functional drug discovery project team
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Biology or a related field with 4+ years of relevant experience in the biotech/pharma setting is required.
- Deep knowledge in cell biology with strong expertise in developing and applying cellular assays (e.g. target/pathway engagement, phenotypic, live-cell/high-content imaging) to support small molecular drug discovery. Strong knowledge in cancer biology is highly desirable
- Experience in managing CRO activities is highly preferred.
- Solid experience in cell culture. Proficiency in cell line engineering (e.g. CRISPR, lentiviral) is highly desirable
- A record of success working in a team environment and advancing team efforts is required. Experience in preclinical drug discovery from hit identification through lead optimization is preferred.
- Team-oriented mindset and strong work ethics with excellent written and oral communication skills