- Greet the patient in a professional and courtesy manner
- Check them on the computer
- Triage patients, reconcile medications, vitals and chart documentation
- Injections( lot #’s, system logging)using safety device
- Discharging patients and scheduling follow-up appointments
- Communicating test results to patients over the telephone and in person
- Communicating Instructions for diagnostics test
- Schedule diagnostic test ( X-Ray & U/S)
- Clerical duties such as scanning in E.H.R program, faxing ,typing and electronic messaging
- OSHA training ( new hire / annual)
- Cleaning spills of body fluid/infections
- Use of eye wash station
- PPE(personal protective equipment)
- Sharps disposal
- Physical activities involving balancing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Finger and hand dexterity necessary to handle and manipulate equipment and supplies.
- Visual and aural acuity necessary to detect changes in patient’s condition
Environmental conditions critical to performance:
An individual in this position will be exposed to inside environmental conditions, blood borne pathogens, and respiratory hazards.
- High school graduate preferred
- Successful completion of a Certified Medical Assistant course with active certification