Job Code 024 Job Title General Manager - Resort Operations
Department Administration Reports to Account Manager
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our Family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: The General Manager for the Resort is responsible for the overall operation of the Resort. Sets standards, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit. Manages all areas of the resort in accordance with brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provides hands-on leadership in all facets of the Resort Operation.
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation.
Location: South Boston, Virginia
Salary Range $70,000 - $75,000 plus full benefits.
Competitive Benefits Package:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance along with Short Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Services Plan, Identity Theft, Group Universal Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Auto and Home Insurance, and Pet Insurance
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
- Responsible for Safety of Guests and Property
- Comply with all Up To Par accounting procedures.
- Develop annual budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Maximize revenue through the Yield Management and inventory control systems.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Develop and communicate selling strategies, KPI reports, and other forecasting tools.
- Review these weekly with Property Support Manager.
- Oversee all accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll and ordering procedure.
- Utilize budgets to teach operations manager and team supervisors to understand financial objectives. Balancing costs with associates/guest’s satisfaction.
- Be readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Become involved in the community and/or government affairs.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Ensure that departments achieve or exceed guest’s service expectations.
- Chief Engagement Officer of Up To Par Culture
- Promote ECHO teamwork and associate morale.
- Communicate all goals and results with associates.
- Meet semi-annually with direct report staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Assist team leaders in meeting and exceeding Professional goals.
- Assist the team leaders in doing the same for each team member.
- Post Safety reports on a bimonthly basis for all associates to review.
- Lead by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Promote empowerment by recognizing team members that make decisions.
- Motivate and encourage staff to solve guest and associate related concerns.
- Develop cross-training opportunities throughout the Resort and within Up To Par.
- Ensure all staff participates in Up To Par Service and Managerial Training Program.
- Communicate career opportunities to team leaders and associates utilizing Up To Par networks.
- Conduct one-on-one with the operations manager, team leaders, and team members bi-annually.
- Conduct monthly reward and recognition meeting celebrating a goal and associate achievements.
- Complete skills matrix for an operations manager and team leaders focusing on continual learning.
- Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition programs.
- Provide service training on a quarterly basis. Utilizing local classes, trainers and other corporate training resources.
- Assist Operations manager/team leaders in understanding results, developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on strengths.
- Ensure Up To Par New hire orientations and onboarding process for new team members are thorough and complete in a timely fashion. Make sure associates understand all of the Taylor Hospitality an Up To Par Company benefits they are entitled.
Sales and Marketing:
- Review period end reports.
- Manage the sales department.
- Attend community relations meetings.
- Stay current on local market conditions.
- Monitor group block and direct bill processes.
- Continually solicit new business for the Resort.
- Review Room inventory controls and selling strategies daily.
- Ensure that all Resort associates understand Resort selling strategies.
- Maintain rapport with competitor Resorts, lead sources, clients, and the local community.
- Networking during breakfast and social hours to assist sales in uncovering new business leads.
- Assist the Resort sales team with preparing the annual revenue budget and annual marketing plan.
- Ensure the cross-training of all associates.
- Responsible for accident prevention programs.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Provide a safe working environment in compliance with Up To Par.
- Attend all UTP training seminars as outlined in key success factors.
- Analyze an implement actions using the Systems for management indicators on a daily/weekly basis.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance and general clean program so that guest satisfaction goals are attained.
- Audit to ensure guest rooms, public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Audit a minimum of 15 rooms per week identifying displeasures and ensuring general cares (GC/PM’s) meet standards.
- Coordinate room care programs (including general cleans). Identifying trends and making recommendations for improvements.
- Assist/teach team supervisors scheduling against guest and hours per occupied room goals. Look for potential need times during the week.
- Promote Open Door policies.
- Interview and select potential new hires.
- Pursue additional personal development.
- Have working knowledge of all Up To Par brands manuals.
- Carry out all reasonable requests of which you are capable of performing.
- With input from the team supervisors, conduct reviews in a timely fashion.
- Ensure Up To Par hiring practices comply with I-9, ADA and EEO requirements.
- Use constructive coaching and counseling when addressing associate’s concerns.
- Scheduling of management team includes coverage of weekend and evening hours.
- Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up To Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company
Up To Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up To Par Management | Taylor Hospitality exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.