We attract the very best and are exceptionally proud of our employees.
Whittier Trust is comprised of experienced, successful, industry professionals who enjoy working in a culture that is client focused, performance and accountability driven, family oriented and supportive of the long-term career satisfaction of its employees. All of this is reflected in Whittier Trust’s unusually low employee turnover rate. We are proud of our firm’s long history and time-proven client service model. We are committed to our employees and their families by providing a comprehensive benefits package. In addition to competitive base salaries and performance bonuses, employees also receive generous benefits for medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as a company-sponsored 401(k) plan.
Prepare and analyze financial information including financial statements and reports for a variety of entity types and projects. On the job training will be provided if necessary for a candidate.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and CPA license required. Experience working with a big 4 accounting firm required.
Funds and Partnerships
- Prepare net asset values monthly or quarterly for a variety of funds and partnerships.
- Review net asset values prepared by others for accuracy.
- Prepare and send out capital call and distribution notices to investors.
- Reconcile cash transactions of funds.
- Interact with investors, tax preparers, auditors and co-workers to deliver quality and timely information.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly statistics reports and management presentations when requested.
- Review documents such as limited partnership agreements and subscription documents.
- Coordinate payments of fund expenses.
- Prepare annual financial statements for non-profit entities.
- Provide supporting documentation to external auditors and other authorized parties as appropriate.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts by entity, office and department.
- Build budgeting and forecasting models in Adaptive Insights and Excel.
- Prepare financial presentations for executive management.
- Maintain driver-based allocation models to construct departmental P/Ls.
- Analyze financial trends and write insightful business commentary.
- Organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Analyze financial transactions and problem solve as necessary.
- Effectively communicate with external parties, supervisors, peers or staff.
- Maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
Characteristics a Candidate Should Possess
- A strong desire for process improvement.
- Interest in learning and expanding responsibilities over time.
- A demonstrable interest in and familiarity with investments, financial markets and financial concepts.
- Experience with fund and partnership accounting a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to read and write macros.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Whittier Trust Company is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled