Prepare fresh, delicious gourmet breakfasts. Strong baking skills a plus. Work closely with Operations Manager to create a delicious menu. Duties include making fresh baked goods daily, short order cooking (serving 60-70 people in 2 hrs); ordering of food and supplies, weekly inventory. Supervising staff of 3-4.
Location: The Inn At Ocean's Edge, Lincolnville, ME
Hours: 35-40 per week, approximately 5:30am through 2pm
Compensation: $18 - $24 an hour, depending on experience.
Seasonal Position: May through October
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties. On-site housing may be available.
Experience: Prior culinary/kitchen experience is required.
Contribute to the overall success of The Inn at Ocean’s Edge by working closely with The Operations Manager and The Assistant Breakfast Chef to provide an excellent and memorable breakfast experience. The Head Breakfast Chef will participate in all aspects off the Inn at Ocean’s Edge cuisine, to include kitchen operation, box lunch program, afternoon sweets, etc., while maintaining and/or exceeding standards of quality and efficiency and creating a working environment conducive to learning that fosters leadership and development.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that prep for every meal is done efficiently and accurately, is consistent with business demands, and communicate any menu changes to the Assistant Breakfast Chef and OP, or, in her absence, the front desk, in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Assistant Breakfast Chef to ensure awareness of house counts, business levels, scheduled groups and activities, guests’ special needs and requests.
- Manage the preparation of menu items consistent with the recipes and standards provided by the OP.
- Responsible for ordering product and supplies, weekly and monthly inventory.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety as required by MEMIC, OSHA, and the Maine Department of Health and Human Services.
- Working knowledge of common food allergies and cross contamination issues.
- Assist in performing general maintenance and upkeep of all kitchen equipment, reporting any deficiencies to the OP.
- Participate in Daily meetings with OP, Servers, and Dishwasher.
- Ability to safely operate kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, ovens, stoves, dishwashers, slicers, steamers, mixer, and chef’s knives.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Must be able to manually handle/lift product up to 60 pounds between knee and chest.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
- Protect the assets of this property and the Migis Hotel Group.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Minimum 2 years line cook experience.
- Thorough knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations and preparation techniques.
- Strong mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, menu costing, and other financial statements.
- Must have or will obtain ServeSafe certification.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guest and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Proven experience in higher volume kitchens.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Must be a team player, able to build and maintain strong working relationships with all other members of the management team.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and work with constant interruptions.